Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hoshang Merchant's Shillong Suite

Today afternoon when I was just a little bit busy after finishing a workshop on script writing and filming, then a fast Friday Prayer and hurried lunch at guest house and then I was going to collect the donation for the upcoming Swaraswati Puja from the teachers at that time Hoshang Merchant called me in front of English Department and gave me his new collection of poems that is Shillong Suite. As nice the book looks in its hard cover the nicest its poems. I was delighted to read them after my dinner. It has nearly 30 poems and got published from Writers Workshop, Kolkata. It has poems like “At Ward Lake, Shilling”, “The Gigolo”, and “For My Lover from Bihar”. I loved to read all these poems. I had a great learning experience with the writer when I was there at Hyderabad Literary Festival in December 2010. At that time he narrated these things and in the poem I can see all his explanations. We had really good time together even Robin Ngangom was there. Please read it soon.Thanks and love you Hoshang.

5 comments:

  1. i will try to search that poems and will share my insights soon. thanks to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joint Seat Allocation Authority JoSAA organises a total of seven rounds seat allotment and counselling procedure. Candidates who will qualify JEE Main 2019 and JEE Advance 2019 shall only be able to participate in the counselling. The schedule of JoSAA Counselling 2019 will release once the examination process completes successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Students can check the xiclassadmission.gov.bd result from the official xi class admission website.

    ReplyDelete