Saturday, March 2, 2013

An Open Letter to EFLU Distance Eduaction


27/02/2013
The Dean
School of Distance Education
The EFL University, Hyderabad

Sub: Regarding PGCTE re-registration, supplementary examination and fee

Respected Mam,

          I am a (2011-12 batch) PGCTE candidate. My registration no is 11101. I have completed the contact programme in the month of June-July and appeared for the final examination as well. Unfortunately, I have flunked in two subjects. Thus, I have to appear for supplementary examination. As per the rule, I have to re-register in the course then only I can re-write the examinations. In this regard I have some issues and want you to bring into your consideration, which are as follows.

          In the PGCTE advertisement, your website and other documents say that “the duration of the course is one year and the enrolment is valid for two years”. It also says that “if a candidate fails to complete it in first year s/he will be given one more year”. But surprisingly the office says that it is only applicable if the candidate does not submit assignments and not once s/he takes the final examination, and then s/he has to re-register again. Here comes the duality, if one is given a chance to complete assignments in two years why not the final examination too?

          I am a 2011-12 batch candidate and I think I should be given one more chance to complete the examination as the rule indicates two years for the one year programme which indicates two chances. Thus, I request you to allow me for the coming examination without any re-registration fees.

          The other thing is about the “re-registration fee”. It says that I have to pay half of the total course fee for re-registration. According to me it is illogical and anti-student approach. If I am not wrong then whether it is EFL or any other institution, never charges for re-registration for writing a supplementary examination, not from a regular student too. The fee structure is problematic too. I do not understand why a distance mode student has to pay fees like ‘student welfare fund’ (2200), ‘development fund’ (1200) and so on. For instance, if I understand the development fee, what welfare activities EFL is going to run for its distance students? Does not matter, I have already paid all these fees during admission then why again? If I am not wrong it is not applicable to regular mode students too. No institution collects all these fees for second time from a single student. And why there will be tuition fee (1100) for a candidate who has paid and completed contact classes and just going to write the supplementary examination? There is no need of any tuition fee I suppose.

          In this regard I humbly request you to re-look at the fee and its structure. If you allow me to advice, I will say take some “supplementary examination fee” (like 200 or 500 per paper) which generally happens in all the institutions. EFL is also funded by the Indian state like others. I hope it will keep its reputation and cater to its students needs appropriately. I will be waiting for your earliest and positive response regarding these issues. Further, if the Distance administration fails to take any positive decision in this matter then I will be sorry to bring it into the notices of EFL higher administration or anything else.

Thank you
Abu Saleh, Roll No – 11101

8 comments:

  1. How the contact classes would be for PGCTE? Please tell. Could you help me out in the completion of assignments? Do reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good, Sorry its really difficult for me...

      Delete
  2. What response did u get from them?Did they consider your request?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I had to give the fee again...Sad state of affairs...

      Delete
  3. like this d4a56a0d32 best replica designer replica bags pakistan replica bags by joy replica gucci k9e38m4h52 replica bags us replica bags australia page f2z21u9i38 replica zara bags

    ReplyDelete